The TIER Communications Committee was launched in June 2015. The committee develops and implements communication strategies to generate understanding of the importance and urgency of TIER and to cultivate campus ownership. Three communications subcommittees have also been created to work on specific components of TIER communication.
TIER Communications Committee Charter
Develop communications to inform and engage campus, to ensure TIER related changes are adopted and maintained.
The TIER Communications Committee is sponsored by Laura McLeran, UI TIER Campus Representative and Associate Vice President External Relations with oversight of the TIER Leadership Team.
The TIER Communications Committee is chaired by Cheryl Reardon, Chief Human Resources Officer and Associate Vice President. Committee members will include faculty, staff and student representatives, participants from the Office of Strategic Communications and TIER initiatives, in addition to Organizational Change Administrators.
- Engage campus in a dialogue about TIER initiatives to facilitate successful, sustained change. Recommend/leverage feedback mechanisms.
- Develop cohesive narrative, including vision, context, timeframe etc.
- Generate understanding of importance of TIER and cultivate employee ownership.
- Provide clear, consistent, coordinated communication about TIER initiatives, targeted to the appropriate audiences.
- Support the TIER leadership team and other key stakeholders with messaging and communication tools e.g. power point decks, FAQs.
- Share successes, milestones, measures etc. to drive and reinforce change.
- Test key messages with small groups.
- Build search engine optimization into web strategy.
- Cheryl Reardon, Chief Human Resources Officer and Associate Vice President
- Ben Barreras, Printing & Mailing Services Manager, Printing Department Services
- Jeneane Beck, Assistant Vice President for External Relations, Office of Strategic Communications
- Erin Brothers, Sponsored Research Specialist, Division of Sponsored Programs, Staff Council
- Hayley Bruce, Writer, Office of Strategic Communications
- Christopher Cheatum, Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Lon Moeller, Associate Provost & Dean of the University College
- Rachel Napoli, Organizational Change Consultant, University Human Resources
- Nicole Riehl Dahya, Strategic Communications Manager, CIO Office
- Sue Sager, Organizational Change Consultant, University Human Resources
- Joshua Schoenfeld, MD/PhD Candidate, Graduate and Professional Student Government
- Susan Vos, Clinical Associate Professor, Pharmacy
- Carter Yerkes, Communications and Marketing Liaison for UI Student Government
- Debby Zumbach, Assistant Vice President and Director of Purchasing and Business Services