The University of Iowa has charged a committee of 17 faculty and staff to review and implement the relevant recommendations from the Pappas E-Learning Report. This committee – the Online Education and Distance Education Task Force – has formed six working groups. These working groups are currently (February 2016) involved with the following:
- Development of a “How to Learn Online" course (one to two credit hours; likely an eight-week online course).
- Identification of “exemplar” UI online courses.
- Completion of survey aimed at faculty and DEOs about the challenges/opportunities associated with expanding the number of online UI courses.
- Discussion about incentives to support academic departments that develop “completely online” degree programs.
- Continued discussion about implementation schedule for Quality Matters program.