Annual recognition for exceptional advancement and innovation toward TIER goals for faculty and staff are sponsored by the Office of the President, Office of the Provost, Office of the Vice President for Human Resources, Faculty Senate and Staff Council.
We are currently accepting nominations for TIER Excellence Awards. Nominations may be submitted to Tieremail@example.com by April 11, 2016 or Sue Sager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rachel Napoli (email@example.com).
TIER Excellence Awards Categories
- Advancing TIER Implementation: Effectively cultivates and communicates progress toward efficiency and goals of the TIER initiative within the college/department and across campus. Initiates reinvestment into the core mission of UI. Promotes centralization of services to benefit the University and college/org.
- Innovation and Process Improvement: Creation of an initiative or improvement of a current service or process that is sustainable and constitutes a new approach. It may enhance the core mission of education, research and service, improve efficiency, reduce costs, increase revenue, increase student satisfaction, improve how a job is accomplished or how individuals work together.
- Service Excellence: Provides exceptional service to students, faculty or staff. Facilitates the core mission of the university through exceptional service to others. Demonstrates initiative by creating a sustainable system that promotes excellence within UI.
- All current permanent Merit, Merit Supervisory Exempt/Confidential and Professional and Scientific staff, with a 50 percent or greater appointment, are eligible for this award.
- All current tenure-track, research-track or clinical-track faculty members with a 50 percent or greater appointment are eligible for these awards.
Criteria for nomination
- Individuals have demonstrated initiative and innovation in efficiency and/or TIER implementation that go beyond the ordinary fulfillment of their individual duties.
- Examples of initiative and innovation in efficiency (e.g. process improvements that lead to cost reduction and/or fewer process steps, program creation that promotes the core mission of UI, alignment of processes across campus, programs that enhance collaboration and service)
- One nominee will be selected in each of the three categories above. P&S and faculty recipients will receive a commemorative gift and $1,000. Merit recipients will receive a commemorative gift and a $1,000 scholarship for UI Learning and Development classes that contribute to his/her performance (to be used within 24 months of award) or office equipment.
- Award recipients will be invited to the University Faculty and Staff Awards Banquet sponsored by the Office of the Provost, Office of the President, Office of the Vice President for Human Resources, Faculty Senate and Staff Council.
TIER Selection Process
There is a three phase selection process:
- Phase 1: TIER Change Consultants review nominations and request additional documentation.
- Phase 2: Staff Council and Faculty Senate review nominations and make recommendation.
- Phase 3: TIER Leadership Team makes final selection of award recipients.